The Breeders Cup 2021 takes place at Del Mar racetrack in Del Mar, California on November 5 & 6, 2021. This year there will be a total of $31m in purses and awards.
Breeders Cup Races 2021
Here is the Breeders Cup 2021 race schedule for the Friday and Saturday.
- $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf
- $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
- $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint
- $1 million Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile
- $1 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint
- $1 million Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint
- $2 million Breeders’ Cup Sprint
- $2 million Breeders’ Cup Mile
- $2 million Breeders’ Cup Distaff
- $2 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies
- $2 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf
- $2 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile
- $4 million Breeders’ Cup Turf
- $6 million Breeders’ Cup Classic
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Breeders Cup?
The Breeders' Cup World Championships is an annual series of Grade I Thoroughbred horse races organised by Breeders' Cup Limited, which was established in 1982.
When do tickets go on sale for the 2022 Breeders Cup?
Tickets for the 2021 Breeders' Cup World Championships at Del Mar will go on sale to the public on Friday, July 16 at Noon ET / 9:00 a.m. PT.
How much is the prize money at the Breeders Cup?
With $31 million in purses and awards paid out throughout the course of the weekend, the Breeders' Cup is one of the richest two days in sports. Owners, stallion nominators, and foal nominators all receive payouts. Owners decide how they want to split their winnings with their trainer and jockey.
What is the purse distribution for Breeders' Cup races?
- 1st - 52.0%
- 2nd - 17.0%
- 3rd - 9.0%
- 4th - 5.0%
- 5th - 3.0%
- 6th - 2.0%
- 7th - 1.0%
- 8th - 1.0%
- 9th - 1.0%
- 10th - 1.0%
*Travel awards: $10,000 is awarded to non-California starters based in North America and $40,000 is awarded to all overseas starters outside of North America.